Oman lies at the eastern corner of the Arabian peninsula. Sharjah and Fujairah (UAE) separate the main part of Oman from the northernmost part of the state, a peninsula (Musandam) extending into the Strait of Hormuz.
Historically Omanis were seafarers and traders who dominated regional commodity trading in the Indian Ocean, East Africa and the Arabian Gulf. There were thus a succession of migrations which saw the growth of settlements along some parts of the East African coast.
In 1970, QABOOS bin Said Al Said ousted his father and has ruled as sultan ever since. His extensive modernization program has opened the country to the outside world and has preserved a long-standing political and military relationship with the United Kingdom.
Oman’s moderate, independent foreign policy has sought to maintain good relations with all Middle Eastern countries
Ahlan wa Sahlan – Welcome to the Sultanate of Oman, a country of breathtaking natural beauty interwoven with a kaleidoscope of history, legends and adventures.
Where the footsteps of prophets, kings and legends have left their mark on this majestic land and where you find serenity and reverence in the beauty of the mountains as they rise 3000 metres above sea.
Where a visit to ancient forts, castles and souks unearths hidden treasures from a bygone era and where the elegance and luxury of its hotels envelop visitors under a blanket of Arabian stars. Discover where Beauty Has an Address only an hour from Abu Dhabi or Dubai and create your own journey of a lifetime.
The Earth Trip specialises in compiling a bespoke itinerary to match your tastes and preferences. Call us today to get expert advice on your holiday plans.
Granted by the competent authority to the foreigner who wishes to visit the Sultanate for tourism, in order to authorize the holder to enter and stay in the country for a period of one month maybe extended for a similar period, as follows:
- Valid for use within six months from the date of issuance.
- Valid for staying in the country for a period not exceeding thirty days from the date of entry.
- Number of trips: one trip only.
- May be extended for a similar period.
- Fees: (20) Omani Riyals.
- Fine: Upon expiration of the visa (10) ten Riyals for each day of delay.
- If the validity of the visa is for (10) days, the fees will be (RO5). It can also be extended to similar periods at the same charge per period.
Procedures for the issuing of a tourist visa of the country list No. (1)
- From all representations of the Sultanate of abroad without local sponsorship.
- All the legal entries.
- From the Directorate General of Passports and Residence or any branch thereof at the regional police commands.
- Submission of electronic application form by a local sponsor, under his responsibility (one of the tourist companies or offices or hotels licensed for a tourist).
Procedures for the issuing a tourist visa, out of the list of No. (1)
Issuing this type of visa Department of Passports and Residence, or one of its branches in region areas at the request of a local sponsor, (one of the tourist companies or offices or hotels licensed for the same) and in the following manner:
- Submission of electronic visa application form local sponsor, under the responsibility of (one of the tourist companies or offices or hotels licensed for tourism).
- Enclose a letter from the sponsor a foreigner sponsorship application guarantor or approved by the sponsor or the authorized signature and sealed with the seal of the institution.
- Enclose copy of valid commercial registration and chamber of commerce certificate and a copy of signature authorization.
- Enclose copy of the foreigner passport and should be valid not less than six months.
- Two photographs (4 x 6) cm.
Healthcare facilities in Oman are similar to those in the UK, but visitors who don’t have travel insurance or the means to settle any charges may be prevented from leaving the country until the debt is paid. Make sure you have adequate travel health insurance and accessible funds to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad and repatriation.
If you need emergency medical assistance during your trip, dial 999 and ask for an ambulance. You should contact your insurance/medical assistance company promptly if you are referred to a medical facility for treatment.
Oman Holiday Weather
The climate of Oman is tropical desert, similar to that of cities such as Dubai and La Paz (Mexico). Summers are very hot and humid, with temperatures during the day reaching 38°C (100°F) and night time lows of 29°C (85°F). Springs and autumns are still warm-to-hot, with night time temperatures in the 21°C (70°F) and daytime temperatures anywhere from 29-35°C (85-95°F). Winters are pleasant, with nights around 16°C (60°F), low humidity, and days around 24°C (75°F). Oman is known for its beaches, with their white sand, turquoise waters, and year-round warm ocean temperatures.
Oman is well connected to all the countries worldwide.The national carrier is Oman Air. Gulf Air, Emirates, Indian Airlines, Air India, British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM and Swiss Air are some of the major airlines that serve the country.
Are you based outside Europe? There are many interconnecting flights worldwide; we will help you to find the best one. There are also possibilities to stopover somewhere nice for few days and make your holiday even more interesting.